A week and a half ago we got a call from our caseworker telling us that she had a birthmom that was really interested in us.
Of course this is the best news we have heard in awhile, but it also comes with a bunch of different emotions!!!
The timing couldn't have been more perfect!!!
We found out this news the day before we had plans to head south
for the weekend. We set up a face to face appointment to meet and spent 3 hours visiting with this wonderful birthmom.
Our meeting couldn't have gone any better and we instantly clicked with each other. We were feeling very hopeful and good about the situation. Our caseworker asked "K" how she felt and if she had made a decision? That is when she told us that she loved us and couldn't have found a better family to place her baby with:))
We heard that wonderful news over a week and a half ago.
We have felt EVERY emotion possible!!!!
Excitement, anticipation, blessed, happy, scared, disappointed,
anxious, and nervous just to name a few.
So this past week I have tried to live by this quote,
"We must live by Faith and not by Fear"
Quentin L. Cook
Over the past 9 years of trying to create our family I have learned
that things happen for a reason and we are blessed even though
at times the trial seems it will never end!!!
I feel like we still have a LONG road ahead before we bring home
this sweet baby girl. There is always the chance that "K" will change her mind and not go through with it (we have experienced that before), which would break our hearts:((
But we are moving forward with Faith and have had a CRAZY
week trying to get everything in order.
(Travel accommodations, financing arranged, insurance coverage, preschool scheduling, SHOPPING, nursery transformation, packing, buying gifts and living a normal day to day life).
I can't believe I finally get to shop on the other side of the stores.
It is so fun, but also very dangerous!!!!
We now just sit and WAIT!!!
(not like 3 years as been long enough)
Her due date is March 19.
She has invited me to be in the delivery room, if I want, and then
we will be staying in Las Vegas for 7-10 days while we wait for
paper work to processed between Utah and Nevada.
Wish us Luck!!!!!